Hotel DeBrett COVID-19 Safety Policy
The health and safety of our guests and employees, has always been and will continue to remain our top priority.
At the very beginning of the New Zealand outbreak we quickly implemented a COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan, which we continue to monitor and update through each Level and situation to ensure it meets the current guidelines as we move forward with our global fight against the spread of coronavirus.
We are constantly reviewing every aspect of our hotel, bar and restaurant operations against the latest updates provided by our New Zealand Government and Ministry of Health for COVID-19. We are taking all necessary steps to follow the most up-to-date guidelines and directives from the health authorities and industry regulators.
As we live through constant changes in levels, we wanted to provide you with some information on the measures we have put in place to keep you our guest, and our employees safe.
STANDARD PRACTISE AT ALL TIMES:
- Hotel DeBrett is not part of the Auckland quarantine or self isolation hotel program.
- New operating procedures & policies have been put in place in consideration for health & safety, cleaning, social distancing and contact tracing requirements.
- Our Hotel DeBrett team is committed to following the recommended cleaning and hygiene standards for all departments.
- Our dedicated team are aware and fully supportive of the need to take extra precautions while interacting with guests and handling guests items.
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing procedures have been adopted throughout the hotel including guest rooms, restaurant, bars, event spaces and all public areas. Our housekeeping team use industrial disinfectant sprays, sanitizers and steam treatment.
- Hand sanitizers are provided at the hotel reception and in our restaurant and bars for guest use.
- The Hotel DeBrett QR code is displayed at all hotel entrances for guests using the NZCOVID Tracer app.
All hotel employees, restaurant and bar guests are advised to follow the recommendations of the Ministry of Health in relation to COVID-19, which is to stay at home if they are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms of the virus. The required health card from the Ministry of Health, in relation to COVID-19, is in all guest rooms detailing what guests should do if they do feel unwell or display any symptoms of the virus during their stay, which includes automatic self-isolation in their guest room.
At Alert Level 1, Hotel DeBrett is able to operate with no restrictions in place, but we continue to maintain enhanced hygiene practices. If hotel staff are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19, they are advised to stay home.
At Alert Level 2, Hotel DeBrett is able to operate under the following restrictions:
- Hotel DeBrett is allowed to accommodate overnight guests during this time. Limits to service during this time include the need for guests to handle their own luggage and self-park cars (if applicable).
- DeBretts Kitchen, Housebar and Cornerbar will adhere to the Government’s required three ‘S’s’ – customers need to be seated, separated by one metre and each table will have a single server.
- Our employees are required to stay one metre apart from each other where practicable.
- All guests should be seated whilst engaging in eating or drinking, within our restaurant, bars or public spaces.
- Different groups must be kept and stay one metre apart, throughout all common areas, lifts and stairs.
- Number of guests are limited during food & beverage service so that physical distancing can be maintained.
- Contactless pick up by customers is permitted. DeBrett’s Kitchen will aim to avoid having people queue by giving staggered pick up times, and if queueing occurs our team will make sure guests are able to maintain physical distancing.
At Alert Level 3, Hotel DeBrett is able to operate under the following restrictions;
- Hotel DeBrett is an Essential business and is allowed to accommodate overnight guests during this time, with limited service and access to public spaces as detailed at time of booking.
- DeBretts Kitchen may also operate, but customers are not allowed to enter the premises. Contactless pick up by customers only.
All guests entering our premises during Level Two and Three will be asked to follow the below policies:
- Sign a Guest Register or check in using the QR Code for contact tracing purposes. This is a New Zealand Government requirement.
- Maintain physical distancing requirements while inside the hotel.
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly. Good facilities for people to wash hands and hand sanitizers are provided for regular use.
At Alert Level 4, Hotel DeBrett is required to close.
If you have any questions or concerns about your forthcoming visit to Hotel DeBrett, please do not hesitate to contact us on 09 925 9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.