Covid-19 Safety Policy
The health and safety of our guests and employees, has always been and will continue to remain our top priority.
At the beginning of the New Zealand outbreak we quickly implemented a COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan, which we continue to monitor and update to ensure it meets the current guidelines as we move forward with our global fight against the spread of coronavirus.
We are constantly reviewing every aspect of our hotel, bar and restaurant operations against the latest updates provided by our New Zealand Government and Ministry of Health for COVID-19. We are taking all necessary steps to follow the most up-to-date guidelines and directives from the health authorities and industry regulators.
As we move through the levels and begin to welcome guests back to stay, dine in our restaurant or simply enjoy a drink in one of our bars, we wanted to provide you with some information on the measures we have put in place to keep you our guest, and our employees safe:
- New operating procedures & policies have been put in place in consideration for health & safety, cleaning, social distancing and contact tracing requirements.
- Our Hotel DeBrett team is committed to following the recommended cleaning and hygiene standards for all departments.
- All employees have been briefed on the details of COVID-19 and are aware and fully supportive of the need to take extra precautions while interacting with guests and handling guests items.
- We are carrying out additional cleaning and sanitizing procedures throughout the hotel including guest rooms, restaurant, bars, event spaces and all public areas. Our housekeeping team are using industrial disinfectant sprays, sanitizers and steam treatment.
- We will also continue to provide hand sanitizers at the hotel reception and in our restaurant and bars for guest use.
We have placed the required health card from the Ministry of Health, in relation to COVID-19, in all guest rooms detailing what guests should do if they do feel unwell or display any symptoms of the virus during their stay, which includes automatic self- isolation in their guest room. All hotel employees, restaurant and bar guests are advised to follow the recommendations of the Ministry of Health in relation to COVID-19, which is to stay at home if they are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms of the virus.
Restaurant and Bars – Level 2 key operational criteria for restaurants
- DeBretts Kitchen, Housebar and Cornerbar will adhere to the Government’s required three ‘S’s’ – customers need to be seated, separated by one metre and each table will have a single server.
- Our employees will stay one metre apart from each other where practicable.
- We will have as few servers as possible for each group, and will keep the same servers throughout.
- Everyone in the venue should be seated whilst engaging in eating or drinking.
- Different groups must be kept and stay one metre apart.
- We will be limiting the number of guests during service so that physical distancing can be maintained – no more than 100 people in any establishment.
- We will continue to provide good facilities for people to wash their hands thoroughly and regularly.
- We will maintain a contact tracing register with details of every guest that visits Hotel DeBrett, including our bars and restaurants, to assist with the Governments tracing requirements.
- Contactless pick up by customers is permitted. DeBrett’s Kitchen will aim to avoid having people queue by giving staggered pick up times, and if queueing occurs our team will make sure guests are able to maintain physical distancing.
All guests entering our premises will be asked to follow the below policies:
- Sign a Guest Register for contact tracing purposes. This is a New Zealand Government requirement.
- Maintain physical distancing requirements while inside the hotel.
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly. Hand sanitizers are provided for your use.
If you have any questions or concerns about your forthcoming visit to Hotel DeBrett, please do not hesitate to contact us on 09 925 9000 or email@example.com.